Blog Archive

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Why do we cheat?

Well, you know you can have the best system, the best innovation, the best idea but at the end of the day, you are always faced with the social element because humans are all about rewards, behavior, perception and culture.

I guess today my mind is a bit off. Just 1 day away from meeting her, and I find myself rolling down an unfaithful path. Cheating..

So why do we cheat? We cheat because we are unable to obtain what we truly desire, and what we truly desire can be seen from our needs, cravings, fantasies and sometimes what we expect to receive. It is a rather simple element but it gets complicated by the fact that not all of us can compromise, accommodate and offer.

Understand that sometimes you truly desire something so much, but the other is unable to provide. What do you do? Of course, the general reaction is to tell yourself that you can live without what you truly desire. So that becomes 80% complete, and this 20% just eats inside of you. Well, these 2 percentages, if you were to say what you are losing is more than this 20%, it would devastate you because you are literally losing out on your end. Well, one would be to tell the other to offer that 20%, but that would seem either selfish or authoritative while the other is to just simply suffer in silence. 

The above paragraphs only state the fact that needs and desires are constant, but they are NOT! Needs change as we age and develop in our lives and that often results in a change of direction, or rather we would say that we would have outgrown or matured from that previous mentality. That is probably why relationships at the younger stages in life would not last more than 5 years, compared to a matured couple whose desires have roughly been aligned. Nevertheless, there are some who are willing and more than willing to make that enough to shape one another, but receptivity is often difficult to obtain because of varying personalities and attitudes. I guess it is the way you lead your life, that you would naturally feel prideful of.

So back to the idea of cheating. There are some qualities which you greatly look upon and seek but the other is unable to provide. Hence, many would naturally result in cheating. I mean come on, if everybody was satisfied with their life, this world would be a happier place with lesser 3rd party relationships and firmwares. Cheating takes place when there's an unmet need waiting to be satisfied.

I see myself in that limelight now, that this unmet feeling is eating inside of me as I continue to tell myself that it is alright and I can deal without it, and that one day things would turn around for the better. Such strength and motivation goes a long way, and I don't think I'm capable of that. It's roughly the 5th month coming, and it's been rough.

Things have changed compared to the first month. Frustration and irritation set in, and I don't know why. I grow tired despite all that exciting plans for this year. My pride still hangs on, because of my other desires. So what if one day I could satisfy some of these unmet demands, what would that make of me? Would I be secretly happy? How would I deal with myself and my concision?

So I would say that when people cheat, they have some fault to take, but the fault is not entirely theirs. Firstly, they are at fault because they are unable to withhold their unmet desires. They are greedy and want to seek more than what they can get. They are unable to communicate what they want, and they would rather cheat, than to break it off. 

However, these people are not entirely at fault, because these people may have communicated their thoughts to the other. But the other is unwilling to compromise back because he/she says its a personality thing, and it cant be helped. 

"So, are we meant for each other?" - frostdude




No comments:

Post a Comment